I mean REALLY taste it?....
or did you throw it down in ten minutes so that you could catch that meeting or get to that deadline?
With our microwave instant culture, it's no wonder we eat too much. We don't give ourselves time to enjoy what we have. Tasting and enjoying food is a vital part of the digestion process. If we bolt our food without savouring the texture and flavour, we don't meet an essential need. So what do we do? We have more to make up. No wonder obesity is growing at a staggering rate in developed countries.
- Ensure you won't be rushed.
- Prepare or choose something that you know you will enjoy.
- Pause and get yourself ready.
- Are you sat comfortably?
- Make sure that you have some water to drink.
- If you feel pressured, move somewhere else or at least away from sight of a clock.
- Chew your food thoroughly.
- Savour the taste and texture.
It's common sense, but sometimes we forget under the pressure of modern life.