- All your shoes have extremely thin soles.
- All of your casual trousers are loose-fitting "just in case".
- You are afraid to open your car boot (trunk) at supermarkets, because you forgot to take your swords out after the last class.
- When shaking hands with people you test their rooting.
- When standing with people, you can't help lowering your centre of gravity below theirs.
- People with one shoulder higher than the other really irritate you. And as for people with stoops..!
- At the bus stop, you miss your bus because you were zoned out while attaining wuji.
- Your significant other complains that if you rotate your lower dantien while watching a movie together one more time, it will be divorce!!!!
- You go into a period of mourning when your favourite tai chi shoes are too worn to be useful.
- All your clothes are black... or red .... or black and red..... or white.
- Unlike everyone else, you really do know what your chinese symbol tattoos mean.
- All your anecdotes start with "When I was in China...."
- You have many silk kung fu suits... but the trousers are significantly more worn and faded than the jackets and no longer match.
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
You know you've been doing tai chi too long when...