Saturday 4 October 2008

Final word on Acupuncture

I have just finished my 4th acupuncture session, and the doctor had trouble discerning my damaged knee from the healthy one. All the swelling is gone. Full movement has been restored.

Earlier this week I ran up and down 8 flights of stairs at full sprint (I left my wallet in the office), and did not even notice. A few weeks ago, such activity would produce pain after the second flight of stairs. 

The doctor informs me I will only need 3 more sessions. This should hopefully close the door on two years of insistent and aggravating pain in my right knee. Yes, it has cost me quite a lot of money. But if I had done this on the NHS, I would still be waiting for a scan or physiotherapist, and in the meantime, my GP would have told me to stop teaching taijiquan. 

I can not say any more than for me Traditional Chinese medicine works. It may not be for everyone, and it may not cure everything. But in this instance, I have been delighted with the results.

No comments: